MICHAEL P. STEFANIC
Mr. Stefanic, a partner of Anderson, Julian & Hull LLP, has developed significant experience in all facets of insurance defense law, as well as personal injury litigation, construction law, complex commercial litigation, products liability, bad faith litigation and appeals.
Mr. Stefanic primarily practices in the area of insurance defense which involves the representation of policyholders, insurance companies, and self-insured corporations. Mr. Stefanic provides comprehensive legal services in all aspects of insurance related litigation, subrogation, risk management and alternative dispute resolution. In addition, Mr. Stefanic has significant experience in providing coverage analyses and representing and advising insurance companies regarding bad faith claims and declaratory judgment actions. Mr. Stefanic has successfully represented Insureds and insurance companies on many different matters, some recent examples include:
- Successfully obtained a summary judgment in favor of an insurance company in a bad faith case where the Insureds were alleging damages in excess of $12 million dollars. The case was upheld on appeal. Sprinkler Irrigation Company v. John Deere Ins. Co., 139 Idaho 691; 85 P.3d 667 (2004).
- Multiple successful outcomes in personal injury suits with injuries ranging from traumatic brain injury to wrongful death.
- Defense verdict on a case involving disputed liability issues where Plaintiff was rendered a quadriplegic in an accident involving a semi-tractor/trailer.
- Numerous homeowners, automobile and business-related claims including slip and falls, dog bites, motor vehicle accidents, commercial vehicle accidents, construction defects and sexual harassment claims.
- Favorable verdict in a motor vehicle accident involving two commercial tractor/trailers.
- Defense verdict in a case brought by the heirs of the estate of an individual who fell into an industrial fan.
- Successfully litigated a construction dispute which involved in excess of 500,000 documents and required extensive development of Summation Database.
Mr. Stefanic is a member of the Idaho State Bar, and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the District of Idaho and Colorado, and all courts in the States of Idaho and Colorado. His professional memberships and affiliations include; member of the Idaho State Bar; the Colorado State Bar; the Defense Research Institute; the Idaho Association of Defense Counsel; the Boise Adjusters’ Association (President, 2001); Idaho Motor Transportation Association; Conference of Freight Counsel; and the American Inns of Court, No. 130. In addition, Mr. Stefanic serves on the Board of Directors for East Boise Little League.
Mr. Stefanic graduated in 1985 from The Colorado College. He obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Idaho in 1989 and was also a member of the National Moot Court Team (1988-1989).
Some of Mr. Stefanic’s Appellate and reported cases include:
- Sprinkler Irrigation Co. v. John Deere Insurance Company, Supreme Court of Idaho, 139 Idaho 691; 85 P.3d 667 (2004).
- Rosales v. Balbas, Court of Appeals of Idaho, 125 Idaho 848; 875 P.2d 945 (1994).
- Greenwade v. Idaho State Tax Commission, Court of Appeals of Idaho, 119 Idaho 501; 808 P.2d 420 (1991).
- Schultz v. Auld, 848 F. Supp 1497 (D. Idaho, 1993).